Cognitive Behaviour Therapy in Winnipeg
Are you seeking an experienced Psychologist in Winnipeg? Is someone known to you struggling with a mental health issue? Head to Mind Matters Clinic in Winnipeg for reliable Cognitive Behaviour Therapy to overcome such challenges promptly. We are a group of reputable and experienced mental health professionals, including Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Pathologists, and Art Therapists.
Being private practitioners, we focus on catering to all psychological challenges proactively and efficiently. Our clients range from infants and children to adolescents and mature adults. We aspire to uplift the community's general well-being through our compassionate and dedicated services in the mental health field. Get in touch with us today to set up an appointment.
What Is Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
CBT in Winnipeg is a short-term, structured talk therapy (psychotherapy) that spans over a certain number of sessions scheduled between a client and their therapist. It helps manage several mental health disorders, such as anxiety, substance abuse, depression and many more.
CBT is based on the following core principles:
- Psychological disorders occur partly due to flawed ways of thinking.
- Psychological disorders occur partly due to learned patterns of unhelpful behaviour.
- People can learn better ways of thinking, feeling and behaving to get relief from the symptoms and live their lives effectively.
CBT considers that your thoughts, emotions, and actions are connected. It enables you to recognize negative or unhelpful thinking and behaviour patterns, learn how to change behaviours and develop new coping strategies.
How Does CBT Work?
Through our CBT in Winnipeg, clients learn to identify and transform irrational, skewed or unhelpful thoughts, attitudes and beliefs, which lead to emotional and behavioural challenges. CBT helps patients learn how to:
- Spot distortions in their thought processes
- See thoughts as mere ideas and not as facts
- Develop an ability to perceive situations from multiple viewpoints
CBT works on the presumption that behaviour can be changed using techniques such as self-monitoring, activity scheduling and exposure and response prevention. For more information about this therapy or a quick consultation from our mental health experts, contact Mind Matters Clinic in Winnipeg.
Who Can Benefit from CBT?
CBT is one of the most commonly used therapies as it helps identify, monitor and rectify a disorder’s root causes systematically and organically. In comparison with other therapies, it requires fewer sessions. CBT may help in addressing the following emotional challenges:
- Managing and preventing relapse of mental illness symptoms
- Treating a mental illness when medications aren't a good option
- Coping with a stressful situation or a medical illness
- Resolving relationship conflicts
CBT is extremely helpful in treating mental health disorders such as:
- Eating disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Substance use
- Bipolar disorders
- Sexual disorders
Mind Matters Clinic in Winnipeg is your true mental health partner. Feel free to get in touch with us.